maandag 21 mei 2018

HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY IS A SPLASH! (1)

I created this simple birthday card with the Splash! stamp set from Avery Elle.


I wanted to create a watercolored background, using the ink smooshing technique. I took several Distress Ink colors: Mermaid Lagoon, Blueprint Sketch, Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean. I smooshed them onto my craft mat and added water. I took a piece of watercolor cardstock and put it ontop of the watercolors. I smooshed the ink onto the paper. I flipped it over and dabbed off the excess. I set the panel aside to air dry.

I stamped two of the floaties and the two girls. I stamped the images with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Round floatie: R22 - R35
Pineapple floatie: Y06 - Y08 - Y17/ G14 - G07 - G17
Skin: E53 - E55/ E55 - E57
Hair: E57 - E29/ Y00 - Y02
Bathing suits: V12 - V06/ Y06 - Y08 - Y17


I fussy cut the images and adhered them onto the watercolored panel. I stamp the sentiment and added the panel onto a Sunflower cardbase. I added some glitter to the bathing suits, using the Clear Sparkle Pen from Spectrum Noir. I also added some white highlights to the bathing suits, using a white gelly roll pen. As a finishing touch, I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops in the color Pale Periwinkle.


Super simple, but so much fun.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten