vrijdag 22 januari 2016

YOU'RE SO SWEET (1)

I wanted to make a Valentine’s Day card, although I don’t really send them. I’m also going to enter this in The Lawnscaping Challenge and the task is watercoloring.  
 
 
I die cut a rectangle with the Double Stitched Rectangle STAX from My Favorite Things. I wanted to watercolor the background. I taped it down so it wouldn’t warp and I wetted the paper with a paint brush. I then added three Distress Inks to it. I used Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry. Then I used the Dotted stencil from Crealies and put it over the background. I sprayed water on it with my Mini Mister and then dabbed off the water with a paper towel. Now you can see the circles in the background.
 
 
I set the background aside so it could dry properly. I stamped the bubblegum machine and some of the gumballs from the Sweet Smiles set from Lawn Fawn.I stamped them in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used.
Gumball machine: R22 – R35/ W0 – W2 – W5/ BG000

I die cut the images with my Cuttlebug and then I finished my background. I stamped some hearts on it with the same Distress Ink colors as I used to watercolor the panel and the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I then adhered the images with foam tape. The entire panel was adhered flat to a red card base. I rounded off the corners with my We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.
 
 
As a finishing touch I added some Wink of Stella to the gumballs and some Glossy Accents to the glass portion of the machine.

So there you have it, a fun Valentine’s Day card.
 
Check out the Lawnscaping Challenge
 
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!
 
 

6 opmerkingen:

  1. Love the faded circles in the background! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Love how this turned out! Those hearts in the background were the perfect touch. I need to use this set!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I love your background, so cute, I struggle with water
    coloring! I love this stamp set, It is one of my favorites!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. What a fun card, Joyce! Love seeing the little faces in the bubblegum machine. Your watercolor background turned out beautifully. So glad you joined us in the Love+Red challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen