woensdag 6 januari 2016

WHAM! BAM! YOU GOT THIS! (1)

I had a clear idea of a card and it turned out exactly the way I wanted it to. That doesn’t happen very often. I used the Tiny Heroes stamp set from Mama Elephant.
 
 
I started by die cutting a circle with the Double Stitched Circle STAX from My Favorite Things. I used Tim Holtz water color cardstock and ran it through my Cuttlebug. I want this circle to look like the moon. I used Distress Ink Weathered Wood and blended it with my Mini Ink Blending Tool. After the whole circle was covered, I sprinkled some water on it with a paint brush. I dabbed the water off with a paper towel, which gives it a real cool effect. It actually looks like the moon now. I stamped the sentiment onto the moon with Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
 
 

I took another piece of water color cardstock and stamped some stars onto it with Versamark Ink. I heat embossed it with Clear Silver Highlights Embossing Powder from Wow. Then I used Distress Inks to create a sky background. I used Chipped Sapphire, a little Peacock Feathers in the center and some Weathered Wood on the edges.

I then stamped all the little heroes and the cat and dog with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I colored them with Copic Markers, which was a lot of work. But here are the colors I used:
Hair girl top left: W2 – W5 – W7 – BV29
Costume: RV02 – RV06/ BG23 – BG49
Cat: E11 – E35/ V04 – V06/ R22
Hair boy: E71 – E77 – E29
Costume: YG11 – G14 – G05/ Y08 – Y38 – YR68
Dog: W0 – W2 – W5/ R22/ YG11 – G14 – G05
Hair girl bottom left: Y21 – YR15 – E08 – R59 Costume: BV05 – B28/ R22 – R35 – R46
Hair girl bottom right: W2 – W5 – W7 – BV29
Costume: RV02 – RV06/ BG23 – BG49
 
 

I die cut all the images with my Cuttlebug. I adhered the moon and all the images with foam tape to the background. I trimmed a dark card base to adhere the front panel to. I wanted a bit more sparkle, so I heat embossed the edges with Silver Embossing Powder from Ranger. I rounded off the two top corners with the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, added some white dots to the background with a Uni-ball white gel pen and Wink of Stella to the masks.
 
 
I love this card, it's a perfect card to cheer someone on who's having a hard time or someone who is about to do a job interview.
 
Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten