maandag 11 januari 2016

YOU ARE UNFORGETTABLE (1)

I used the Adorable Elephants stamps set from My Favorite Things again for today’s card.
 
 
I started with the background. I wanted to do some water coloring again. I took some water color cardstock from Tim Holtz and first covered it with water. Then I started adding Distress Inks to it with a paint brush. I used Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry. I kept working it until all the colors blended.

When the water colored background was completely dry, I sprinkled some water on it and dabbed the drops off with a paper towel. This adds some great detail to the card.
 
 
I put the background aside so it could dry properly and I went ahead and stamped the images. I used one of the elephants and the three butterflies. I stamped them with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Elephant: W0 – W2 – W5/ R22/ RV02
Butterflies: Y02 – Y08 – Y38

I die cut the images with my Cuttlebug. I took my background and stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black Ink. Then I placed my images, without adhering them, so I could see where to stamp the swirly lines. When I did that, I adhered all the images with foam tape. I added a little grey under the elephant, so he has some ground to stand on.
 
 
I added some white dots to the butterflies and the elephant’s cheeks, with a Uni-ball white gel pen and also some Wink of Stella to the butterflies. I glued some sequins down and also added some dots of Glossy Accents to the panel. The whole front panel was adhered to a soft pink card base.

It could be a Valentine’s Day card or a thank you card.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten