zaterdag 30 januari 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (1)

I was thinking rainbow! For this card I used the Adorable Elephants stamp set from My Favorite Things and I watercolored the background. I screwed it up the first time, but the second try turned out great.
 
 
I started by stamping the sentiment repeatedly on some watercolor cardstock from Tim Holtz. I stamped it in Versamark Ink and heat embossed it with Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder from Wow. I wanted to do it on an angle and I created a pattern by altering the position of the words.

When I finished stamping and heat embossing, I taped the paper down to avoid warping. I wetted the paper and then started to add the watercolor. I used Distress Inks, I just love how versatile these inks are. I wanted to create a rainbow effect. I used the following colors from top left to bottom right: Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserved and Picked Raspberry. I dried it with my heat tool and set it aside.
 
 
I stamped one of the elephants with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and I also stamped the kite. I colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Elephant: W0 – W2 – W5/ R22
Kite: R29 – R35 – R59/ Y02 – Y08 – Y17/ B05

I die cut the images with my Cuttlebug and added them to the background with some foam tape. To add some sparkle, I added some tiny and bigger silver sequins. I adhered the panel to a yellow cardbase and rounded off all the corners with my We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.
 
 
A bright card that will hopefully put a smile the face of the receiver!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!
 
 

3 opmerkingen: