dinsdag 24 januari 2017

YOU OCTOPI MY HEART (1)

I recently got this cute mini set from Lawn Fawn: Octupi My Heart. I created a love card with it.


I started with the background, because I wanted to watercolor it and it needs to dry properly. I took four Distress Inks and smooshed them onto my craft mat. I used Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean, Cracked Pistachio and Wilted Violet. I die cut a piece of watercolor paper with one of the dies from the Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX, by My Favorite Things. I added some water to the paper and then applied the colors one by one onto the paper. When the panel dried, I added some water droplets and dabbed them off with a paper towel. I set the panel aside to let it dry.

I stamped the octopus and the heart onto white cardstock and colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Octopus: V01 – V12
Heart: R35 – R29


I die cut the images with my Cuttlebug. I stamped the sentiment onto the watercolor panel and then added the octopus and heart onto it with foam tape.

I took a piece of pattern paper from the Beachside paper pad from Lawn Fawn. I adhered my panel to it with foam tape. The entire panel was adhered onto a purple cardbase.


This is such a fun and easy card to make. The watercolor look, makes it look like an art piece, even though it didn’t really take long to make.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

2 opmerkingen: