zondag 23 december 2018

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (36)

The Up in the Air stamp set has been a favorite set of mine from My Favorite Things. And I've had it for over a year and I still use ot quite frequently. Today I created a night sky themed birthday card with these cute images.


For the base, I wanted to create a striped watercolored background. I used Twisted Citron Distress Ink and a wide paint brush. I made brush strokes from left to right. I set it aside to air dry.

For the scene, I trimmed a piece of watercolor cardstock to a thinner strip. I wanted to create a night sky. I used Distress Oxide Inks for this. I used the colors Blueprint Sketch and Shaded Lilac.


I stamped the images. I also used some images from the Happy Haunting stamp set. I colored all the images with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Large hot air balloon: YG11 - YG13/ YR21 - Y38/ E35 - E55
Small hot air balloon: YG11 - YG13/ R22 - R35/ YR21 - Y38/ E53 - E55
Dog: W0 - W3/ W5 - W7
Moon: YR30 - YR31
Clouds: C0 - C3 - 0


I adhered the blended strip onto the striped background. I also added all the images to the strip.

I stamped the sentiment on a small white piece of paper. I used Carrot Ink for this. I added this to the card as well.

TO finish it off, I added some hightlights to the balloons, using a white gelly roll pen.

I love coloring those hot air balloons. It's fun to give them a different look each time!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten