zondag 23 juni 2019

TODAY IS ALL A-BOAT YOU (1)

I created a birthday card with a nautical theme. I used the Smooth Sailing stamp set from Lawn Fawn and some of their dies.


For the background, I used the Sunrise Backdrop die. I die cut it from Sunflower cardstock and ink blended it with Spiced Marmalade Oxide Ink. I used this color also on the background that will go behind this die cut panel.

I took the Palm Tree Borders die set and die cut the hill from Chocolate Bar cardstock and ink blended it with Ground Espresso Distress Ink. The palm trees were die cut from Kraft cardstock and ink blended with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. For the leaves I used Cilantro cardstock and Lucky Clover Distress Ink, with Noble Fir cardstock and Pine Needles Distress Ink.


I die cut one wave border, using the Stitched Simple Wavy Borders. I used Mermaid cardstock and Salty Ocean Distress Ink.

I stamped the images and colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Boat: R11 - R35/ C0 - C3/ E55 - E57/ B00 - B12 - B14/ B37 - B39
Bunny: E41 - E43 / R83
Bear: C3 - C5
Clouds: C0 - C3


I also stamped a banner, from Bannertastic. I used Wild Rose Ink and Lobster Ink. I stamped the sentiment onto this banner.

I fussy cut all the images and assembled the card. I added the panel onto a Mermaid cardbase.

I really love the bright look of that background and then the typical red, blues, white and greys for the nautical theme.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten