zondag 16 juni 2019

THANKS FOR BEING FINTASTIC (1)

For this thank you card, I decided to create an aquarium with the Keep on Swimming stamp set from Lawn Fawn.


For the water portion of the card, I used Salty Ocean Oxide Ink. I added water drops to the background and dabbed them off with a dry cloth. For the wall, that you see towards the bottom of the card, I used the Small Brick Wall stencil from My Favorite Things. I applied some Hickory Smoke Distress Ink through the stencil.


I trimmed down a thin strip of Black Licorice cardstock, to function as a little border to create contrast between the wall and aquarium. I also die cut a sandy hill, using the Stitched Hillside Borders and Kraft cardstock. I ink blended the edge with Ground Espresso Distress Ink. I added some dots with an E79 Copic Markers and a white gelly roll pen.

I stamped the images and colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Cat: E08 - E18
Goldfish: YR15 - YR68/ YR21 - Y38
Puffer fish: B63 - B66
Clam: YR00 - YR02/ B91 - B95/ E41 - E43
Sea Horse: B63 - B66/ YR00 - YR02
Eal: R22 - R35/ Y06 - Y15
Plants: YG11 - YG13
Rocks: W3 - W5 - W7


I fussy cut or die cut the images using my Cuttlebug. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment, using white embossing powder from Lawn Fawn. I assembled the card and adhered the panel onto a Canned Pumpkin cardbase.

As a finishing touch, I added some white dots and highlights to the images, using my white gelly roll pen.


I was inspired by Megan Quinn to make this card. She created an amazing picture changer, I had my own take on the design.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten