donderdag 20 september 2018

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS (1)

For my first Christmas card of the year, I designed this card with the Holiday Helpers set from Lawn Fawn. I also used their Merry Christmas Line Border. I submitted this card for the winter 2018 call, to be featured in the Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine. That would be so cool, if my card would end up in a magazine.


I started by blending the front panel. I masked off the top part, so that would stay white. I used two Distress Ink colors: Twisted Citron and Lucky Clover. I just love this green combination. I added some water to it, by dropping water onto the paper. I dabbed the drops off with a paper towel.


I die cut the line border with the sentiment from Sparkle Cardstock. To make it a bit more sturdy, I also die cut one line border with Chili Pepper cardstock. I layered the two for some dimension.


I stamped the images and colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Elves: E53 - E55/ W5 - W7/ E15 - E29/ C0 - C3/ R29 - R59/ YG11 - YG13/ Y08 - Y38
Box: E53 - E55 - E57
Scissors: C0 - C3/ Y08 - Y38
Ribbon: B12 - B14
Tape dispenser: R29 - R59/ C0 - C3
Duck: Y08 - Y38/ R29 - R59/ YR04
Bear: E08 - E18
Train: B12 - B14/ R29 - R59/ YG11 - YG13/ Y08 - Y38
List: C0 - C3


I fussy cut the images and assembled the card. I added some highlights with a white gelly roll pen. The panel was adhered to a Noble Fir cardbase and I rounded off the two bottom corners.


For this call, I needed to use a sketch as inspiration. We could use it in any way we wanted, so this is what I came up with. I can't wait to hear from them, if I get featured or not.


Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten