woensdag 22 april 2020

BEE HAPPY (1)

I created a Magic Iris card, with the Little Fireflies stamp set from Lawn Fawn. The fireflies in this card are actually bees and the Magic Iris will be the beehive.


I formed the Magic Iris and used the Magic Iris Scalloped Add-On for the front. I die ut it from No. 2 Pencil cardstock. I ink blended the edges with Spiced Marmalade Oxide Ink. For the scalloped front, I added some folds with a bone folder, to create the look of an actual beehive.


For the inside of the Magic Iris, I took a stencil from Darkroom Door: the Arty Hexagon stencil. I ink blended the hexagons with Spiced Marmalade Oxide Ink.

The tab for the Magic Iris was die cut from Black Licorice cardstock and the arrow from No. 2 Pencil cardstock.


For the background of the card I used the Clouds stencil from My Favorite Things and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink for blending. I also die cut a Grassy Border, from Cilantro carsdtock. I ink blended the edges with Lucky Clover Oxide Ink.

I stamped the images. I also used images from For You Deer, Smooth Sailing and Toadally Awesome. I colored everything with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Bees: Y02 - Y08/ W5 - W7/ BG000 - B00
Bears: E41 - E43/ E04
Log: E74 - E79


I fussy cut the images and added the Magic Iris, the grass border and all the images to the cloudy background.

For the sentiment I die cut the word 'bee' from Black Licorice cardstock, using the Oliver's Stitched ABCs die set. The word happy was stamped and heat embossed with Lawn Fawn embossing powder.


As a finishing touch I added some highlights and dots to the images, using a white gelly roll pen.

I'm super happy with the result of the card.


Check out the Lawn Fawn shop for products by clicking on the link: Lawn Fawn

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com


3 opmerkingen:

  1. Nice blog thanks for sharing. I was searching for custom essential oil packaging boxes uk and found this amazing website they provide high quality on wholesale with free designing and free shipment in the UK.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Must Visit this Website they have awesome content for readers.
    Soap Packaging Boxes

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. How adorable. So bright and cheerful. :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen