vrijdag 17 juni 2016

WE MERMAID FOR EACH OTHER (1)

I used the Mermaid For You stamp set from Lawn Fawn to create a love card.


I started by creating a scene. I cut some waves from watercolor cardstock and used some Distress Inks to color them. I used two colors: Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean. For the sky I wanted a big moon. I die cut a circle from some masking paper. I used the negative die cut to mask of the sky, so I could color the moon. I used Mustard Seed and Wild Honey Distress Inks. For the sky I masked off the moon and colored the sky with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. I used Black Soot around the edges and later added a light layer of Seedless Preserves.

I set the background and the waves aside and stamped one of the mermaids, the merman and the rock twice. I colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Mermaid + mermaid skin: E00 – E11 – E21
Mermaid hair: Y38 – YR07 – E08
Mermaid top + tail: V04 – V06 – V12
Merman hair: E25 – E29 – E77
Merman tail: BG13 – BG23 – BG49
Rocks: W2 – W5 – W7


I fussy cut the images out and started assembling the scene. I adhered the waves onto the background, the front one with foam tape. The rocks I adhered flat, the mermaid and merman I adhered with foam tape. I added some glitter to the tails with the Spectrum Noir clear Sparkle pen. I also added some little dots to the sky, with a silver gel pen. I wanted a starry background. Finally I stamped the great sentiment onto the card with Versafine Onyx Black Ink.


This is a perfect card to send for a wedding, engagement or just to let your partner know you love him/ her.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten