dinsdag 7 juni 2016

DAD HAVE A BALL (1)

I always love a challenge, but this really got me thinking. Someone asked me to make a father’s day card. Her father likes to play jeu de boule, so I tried to find a way to incorporate this in the card. I used the gumballs from the Sweet Smiles stamp set by Lawn Fawn and added some chicks from the Chirpy Chirp Chirp stamp set, also by Lawn Fawn, to the scene.


I started by stamping the gumball six times. I used the snowball from Toboggan Together, as the smallest red ball. I stamped the two chicks and then colored all the images with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Big jeu de boule balls: C0 – C2
Small je de boule ball: R17 – R46 – R59
Chicks: Y02 – Y06 – Y08
Beaks + feet: YR02 – YR15


I also stamped the speech bubble and added the musical note to it with Sour Apple Ink from My Favorite Things. Then I fussy cut the chicks and die cut the balls with my Cuttlebug.

I went over to my scene. I used some pattern paper for the background (sky). I used the Beachside 6x6 paper pad from Lawn Fawn. I die cut three grassy borders with the Grassy Border Die from Lawn Fawn. I used Let’s Polka in the Meadow paper, also from Lawn Fawn.


I stamped the sentiment onto the blue pattern paper and started assembling the scene. I adhered everything flat to the panel, expect for the head of the front chick. I adhered the panel to a yellow cardbase and added some Wink of Stella clear glitter to the jeu de boule balls. I also stamped the words "happy father's day" on the inside of the card.

I’m actually very happy with the result. Especially because it looks like the chick is actually throwing one of the balls and the other one is cheering. I really enjoyed this challenge, I would never have thought of this without the request.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten