dinsdag 21 juni 2016

WE FLAMIN-GO TOGETHER (1)

For the Lawnscaping Challenge, I needed to create a card with some kind of distressing or distress products on it. Luckily for me my Distress Inks are some of my most beloved supplies.


I started by the background. I used two different Distress Ink colors: Wild Honey and Worn Lipstick. I applied it onto the watercolor cardstock with my mini ink blending tool. When it was blended the way I wanted it, I took my mini mister and sprayed some water onto the paper. I dabbed off the droplets with a paper towel. This is one of my favorite techniques.

I set the background aside, to let it completely dry. I stamped the two flamingos onto white cardstock and colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Flamingos: RV21 – RV23 – RV13
Beeks: W5 – W7


The palm trees I stamped with two Lawn Fawn inks:
Tree trunks: Doe Ink (Lawn Fawn)
Leaves: Noble Fir Ink (Lawn Fawn)

I fussy cut the images out. I also die cut three heart with the Heart Dies from Lawn Fawn. I wanted them slightly darker then the background and I used Fired Brick Distress Ink to give them some color. I also added some water droplets to the hearts.


I assembled the card. I adhered all the images and heart onto the card with foam tape. I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black Ink and added the panel to a black cardbase. As a finishing touch I added some glitter to the hearts with the Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen.

Please check out the Lawnscaping Challenge.



Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

1 opmerking:

  1. This is perfect! Love that background and your beautifully colored birds! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen