dinsdag 14 juni 2016

WAVING HELLO (1)

Today I created my first slider card, using the Mermaid For You stamp set and the Slide On Over dies, both from Lawn Fawn.


I started by stamping one of the mermaids and the narwhal. I colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Mermaid skin: E00 – E11 – E21
Mermaid hair: Y38 – YR07 – E08
Mermaid tail + top: BG13 – BG23 – BG49
Narwhal: W0 – W2 – W5 – W7

I also stamped one of the corals and the sea weed. The coral I stamped in Wild Rose Ink from Lawn Fawn and the sea weed I stamped in Green Room Ink from My Favorite Things. I fussy cut all the images out.

I went over to my background and scene. I die cut a rectangle with the Double Stitched Rectangles STAX from My Favorite Things. I hand cut the bottom of the ocean, because I don’t have any hillside dies. I did put the hill through my Cuttlebug, because I wanted that stitched edge. I stamped the sentiment on the hill with Versafine Onyx Black Ink.


I used one of the slider die cuts from the Slide On Over set. I took a penny (5 euro cents) and added it to the back of the slider. I cut a small piece of foam tape that could fit through the slider window and added the narwhal and mermaid to it. This way the image can slide from side to side. I adhered the panel to a dark blue cardbase with a double layer of foam tape. Now the sliding image has enough room to slide. I added the sandy hill to the panel with foam tape and the corals and sea weed. To finish it off, I added some Wink of Stella clear glitter to the mermaid’s top and tail.

I think my first slider card looks pretty cute.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten