maandag 25 juni 2018

KEEP SWIMMING (4)

For this encouragement card, I used the Ocean Fun stamp set from My Favorite Things, to create an underwater themed card.


I wanted to create a wavy background. i used the Drifts & Hill stencil. You can create hills with this stencil, but also waves. I took some Salty Ocean Distress Ink and blended it very softly onto a piece of watercolor cardstock. I actually intended to do this with Distress Oxide Inks, but it didn't give me the soft look I wanted.

For the ground, I used Antique Linen Distress Ink. I added some splatter to it, with Walnut Stain Distress Ink

I stamped the images, all with Lawn Fawn Inks. I used two colors for each image. Here are the ink colors I used:
Swordfish: Manatee Ink + Hippo Ink
Little fish: Butter Ink + Sunflower Ink
Big fish: Sunflower Ink + Carrot Ink
Jellyfish: Moonstone Ink + Forget-Me-Not Ink
Crab: Wild Rose Ink + Lobster Ink


I used some greenery images from the In Bloom stamp, also from MFT. I stamped those in Cilantro Ink and Freshly Cut Grass Ink

I fussy cut the images and assembled the card. I stamped the sentiment and adhered the panel onto a Sunflower cardbase.


I think creating ocean scenes is in my top 5 of favorite cards to create.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten