zondag 3 april 2016

IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY STRIKE UP THE BAND! (1)

When I bought the Strike Up the Band stamp set from My Favorite Things, I immediately knew I wanted to make a multiple panel card with it. Well, today I did!


I started by making the panel. I created a five panel card. I took a piece of watercolor cardstock from Tim Holtz and cut it to be 27 cm long. I scored, from left to right, at 4,5 cm, 9 cm, 18 cm and 22,5 cm. I didn’t fold the panels yet. I wanted to color the background first with Distress Inks. I used only two colors. I used Evergreen Bough for the ground and Shaded Lilac for the sky. It took me a while to get it blended the way I wanted it. When I did, I took my mini mister and sprayed water onto the panel. I let it sit for a couple of seconds and dabbed the water off with a paper towel. I just love this technique, simple yet beautiful!


I went ahead and stamped all the bunnies from the Strike Up the Band stamp set. Aren’t they just adorable?! I colored the images with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Bunnies: E00 – E11 – E21
Outfits: BG13 – BG23 – BG49/ V01 – V06 – V12
Buttons: YR15
Flute, trumpet, pole and cymbals: Y08 – Y17
Drums: W2 – W5 – W7/ Y08
Sticks: E00


I fussy cut all the images out. I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and also stamped the musical notes onto the panels. I adhered all the images to the card with foam tape and folded all the panels. Off course I had to add some Wink of Stella clear glitter to the bunnie’s jackets.

I think I will make this card a few more times, with different color schemes. I just love it!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten