zaterdag 20 mei 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (19)

I wanted to create a birthday card with a hidden gift card. I used one of Lawn Fawn’s newest sets: Ahoy, Matey. And man, this is a fun set to work with. For the gift card, I used the new Lift the Flap die set.


For the front of the card, I started with the die cutting of all the scene elements. I die cut hills and water with the Stitched Hillside Borders. For the background I used Lawn Fawn’s new background die: Stitched Cloudy Backdrop: Landscape. I used watercolor paper for all the die cutting.

To add color to all the scene elements, I used Distress Inks and a blending tool. For the sky I used Peacock Feathers, for the hills I used Antique Linen and Scattered Straw, for the water I used Mermaid Lagoon. I stamped the sentiment onto the water piece and heat embossed it with Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder from Wow. To add a distressed look, I drops some water onto the pieces and dabbed the droplet of with a paper towel.


I stamped the images (the fish is from Fintastic Friends) and colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Skin: E00 – E11
Hair boy: E57 – E29
Pirate hat: W5 – W7
Skull: W0
Vest + shoes + bandana + cloth around girl’s waist: R14 – R17
Dress + pants: B18 – B39
Hair girl + peg leg: E41 – E43
Dots bandana + shirt boy: W0 – W2
Treasure chest: E57 – E29/ Y21 – Y17
Coins: Y02 – Y08
Fish: YR15 – YR68
Parrot: YG11 – G21/ YR15
Map: W0 – W2


I fussy cut the images. For the water border, I decided to add a bit more detail. I took the new Ocean Wave Accents dies, from Lawn Fawn, ad die cut some wavy lines into the ocean water. I then assembled the card.

For the inside of the card, I die cut a piece of watercolor cardstock with the Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables. I used Antique Linen and Scattered Straw Distress Ink to give it some color. I stamped the mountains and the compass with Doe Ink. The X I stamped in Lobster Ink. I die cut the largest flap, from Lift the Flap, to create a hiding spot for my gift card. I adhered the piece on the inside of the card and used a little piece of double sided adhesive to adhere the gift card. The cardbase I used is from Peacock cardstock.


What a super fun set to craft with and what a great way to add a gift card to your creation!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

1 opmerking:

  1. Love this sweet card. Beautiful coloring on these adorable little pirates!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen