zondag 7 februari 2016

I WILL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR YOU (1)

I’ve made non-Christmas cards before with stamp sets that are Christmas themed. Lawn Fawn always manages to create sets that don’t have to be used for one specific theme, they can be used for so many things. I used the Joy to the Woods set today, for a friendship card.
 
 
I wanted to use the fox and the trees, so I stamped those onto some cardstock. I colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Fox: E08 – E77/ E00 – E21
Trees: E00 – E21
 
 
I die cut all the images with my Cuttlebug and started on the background. I used Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock and used my mini ink blending tool to blend Distress Ink onto it. I used Shaded Lilac, which is one of my favorite Distress colors. I used the mini mister to spray some water onto it and then dabbed off the water with a paper towel. The background look great!

I also wanted some hills. I don’t have any hillside border dies, so I improvised with the Double Stitched Circle STAX from My Favorite Things. I die cut two hills and also used Distress Inks on them. I started with Old Paper and then added a little bit of Mowed Lawn to give it a more vibrant color.

I die cut a frame with the Double Stitched Rectangle STAX, also from My Favorite Things. I only used it for the inside portion of the frame.
 
 
Time to assemble the card. I adhered everything flat to the panel, except for the fox and the frame. I stamped the sentiment to one of the hills (it’s from the Adorable Elephants set from My Favorite Things) and added some Wink of Stella to the trees.

It is a fun set and you can’t even tell that these stamps are usually used to make Christmas cards. Lovely!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten