woensdag 24 februari 2016

BEST FISHES (2)

I saw someone make a card with a window, a see through card. I wanted to give it a try. It was a frustrating try, because it was really difficult. I’m still not completely satisfied with the result, but I wanted to share this card with you anyway.
 
 
I used the Fintastic Friends stamp sets from Lawn Fawn and I stamped three of the fish onto white cardstock. I colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Y17 – YR15 – YR68
 
 
I fussy cut the fishes. I didn’t want to leave a white border, so I vut right up to the black stamping lines. I colored the edges black with a marker, this way it looks like you’ve cut it out perfectly.

I started on my cardbase. I cut a strip out of the front panel of a white cardbase. I also cut another panel with that strip out of it. I adhered some acetate onto the back of the cardbase and then added the other panel to the back. For the inside of the card, the strip that you will see through the window, I used Salty Ocean Distress Ink. I blended it onto the paper with a mini ink blending tool.
 
 
I stamped the sentiment on the front of the card and adhered my three fish with foam tape. Because I can sometimes be a little messy, I got some inky fingers onto the card front. There I added some sequins. No one will ever know! As a finishing touch I added some Wink of Stella clear glitter to the fish and rounded off the bottom corners with the We R memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

Not one of my favorite cards, but I will try this again someday.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten