donderdag 25 februari 2016

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY (1)

I’ve been seeing all sorts of rainbow cards and I wanted to make one myself today. One problem: I don’t have a rainbow die. I do have circles, so with a little creative thinking I did manage to make a rainbow.
 
 
I started by die cutting five different circles, from five different colors, with the Double Stitched Circle STAX from My Favorite Things. I used red, orange, yellow, green and blue. When I die cut the circles, I cut all of them in half. To make it into arches, I used the circle dies again. On each circle I used one smaller sized circle and I put it right under the stitched lines. Because I used circles, I can make two rainbows, so two cards at once.
 
After I die cut all the elements for the rainbow, I also wanted clouds. I don’t have cloud dies either, so I used the circles again. I die cut several circles (I used the two smallest circles) from white cardstock and vellum, with my Cuttlebug.
 
 
For the background I wanted to use softer colors. I used three Distress Ink colors and blended them with my mini ink blending tool. At the bottom I used Scattered Straw, then added some Spun Sugar and I finished it off with Shaded Lilac on the top. I love these three colors together, I got exactly the background I wanted.

I started by adhering the vellum, flat to the surface. I only taped them at the bottom. If I also used tape on the top of the vellum circles, you could see it. That’s just not very pretty. Then I adhered the white circles with foam tape. The rainbow I adhered flat, arch by arch. I used liquid glue, so it was easier to move them around and get them placed perfectly.

I didn’t really have a sentiment that would fit this card, so I made my own. I used Violet’s ABC’s from Lawn Fawn and made the word ‘amazing’. The rest of the sentiment is from the Critters in the Arctic stamp set from Lawn Fawn. It normally says ‘have an ice day’. I just masked off the parts I didn’t need and stamped the rest of the sentiment. I did this all with Versamark Ink and heat embossed it with Silver Embossing Powder from Ranger.
 
 
I adhered the panel to a crème colored cardbase and added some Wink of Stella clear glitter to the rainbow. Because what’s better than a rainbow? A glittery rainbow!!!

I really like the result of this rainbow card. You don’t need every die set, be creative with the supplies you have. It takes a bit more time, but the result is great.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten