woensdag 2 september 2020

FIESTA (1)

Today my card is featured on the Lawn Fawnatics Blog, focusing on the theme: Make the sentiment the star. I used two mini sets: Year Seven and Year Nine. I combined it with the Oliver's Stitched ABC's die set.


For the background I wanted to do something I haven't done in a long time: ink smooshing! I first embossed some hearts with the Just Stitching Hearts. I used four Oxide Inks for smooshing: Twisted Citron, Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade and Abandoned Coral. I smooshed them onto my work surface and added water. I put the paper onto it and let it sit for a while. After taking it off, I used my heat tool to dry it. I did another round of ink smooshing, to make some colors appear better. The green never really shows up well, but I'm okay with it. When everything was dry, I used a paint brush to add some splatter with Abandoned Coral Oxide Ink.


I die cut the word 'fiesta' from four cardstock colors, that coordinate with the background: Cilantro, Sunflower, Fake Tan and Chili Pepper.


I stamped the images and colored them with coordinating colors using Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
PiƱata + candy + party hats: YG03 - YG13 - YG07/ YR15 - YR68/ R14 - R27/ Y02 - Y06
Taco: YG03 - YG13 - YG07/ YR15 - YR68/ R14 - R27/ Y02 - Y06/ Y21 - Y26

I fussy cut the images and added everything to my watercolored background. I used a white gelly roll pen to add dots and highlights to the images.


I was a bit insecure at first, but I ended up loving this card. Make sure you check out the Lawn Fawnatics Blog for the challenge and join us!!!


Check out the Lawn Fawn shop for products by clicking on the link: Lawn Fawn

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten