maandag 29 juni 2020

SMILE! (YOU TAKE THE BEST SHELL-FIES) (1)

For this slimline ocean scene card, I used the Ocean Shell-fie stamp set and the Large Slimline with Sliders die set from Lawn Fawn.


I die cut the panel with the largest slimline die. I also die cut one from Paper Bag cardstock. Since I don't have the Slimline Stitched Hillside Borders yet, I had to be a bit creative with the regular Stitched Hillside Borders. I will hide the part where the die overlapped later on. I added white paint splatters to the hill.


For the background, I used the Drifts & Hills stencil from My Favorite Things. I used Peacock Feathers to blend the waves onto te background. I also went ahead and stamp the sentiment.

I stamped the images (I also used the Mermaid for You, You are Sublime and Fintastic Friends stamp sets). I colored everything with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Octopus: V-4 - V06 - V09/ Y08 - Y17
Jellyfish: R32 - R35
Moonfish: Y08 - Y17/ B24 - B26
Other fish: B24 - B26/ R32 - R35/ RV10 - RV02
Clam: R32 - R35/ BG000 - B00 E41 - E43
Sandcastle: E41 - E43 - E47
Rocks: C0 - C2 - C3 - C5
Cameras: R32 - R35/ B24 - B26/ BG000 - B00/ C3 - C5/ E41 - E43
Plants: Y08 - Y17/ B24 - B26/ BG45 - BG49/ YG00 - YG03


I die cut the images and assembled the card. I added dots and highlights to the images with a white gelly roll pen.


I love this extended scene and I'm really happy with how I colored the octopus. I normally don't like these bold purples or pinks, but on this octopus it looks fab!

Check out the Lawn Fawn shop for products by clicking on the link: Lawn Fawn

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com


1 opmerking: