zondag 18 november 2018

WISHING YOU LOTS OF SMILES THIS HOLIDAY SEASON (3)

I love thinking outside the box sometimes. So this idea to use the frogs from the Toadally Awesome stamp set for a Christmas card just popped in my head all of a sudden. And I love how it turned out. I also used a bunch of other Lawn Fawn products.


For the background, I wanted to create a simple ink blended background. I used Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress Inks. Also a little Chipped Sapphire, but very softly. I didn't want the sky to be too dark.

For the pond, I used the Simple Stitched Hillside Borders dies and I ink blended this with the Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink.


I stamped the images. I also used images from Toboggan Together, Cheery Christmas and Critters in the Forest. I colored all the images with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Frogs: YG11 - YG13/ Y11 - Y06
Tree: G43 - G46/ E31 - E35
Birg: BG15 - BG18/ Y06
Lilly pad: G43 - G46
Cat tails: G07 - G28/ E31 - E35
Santa hats: R29 - R59/ Co - C3 - 0
Toboggan: E31 - E35
Lights: Y06 - Y11/ R29 - R59/ BG15 - BG18


The ladder was stamped in Doe Ink.

I fussy cut the images, assembled the card and stamped the sentiment from Merry Messages.


As a finishing touch I added some highlights and dots to the images using a white gelly roll pen.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten