zondag 8 november 2015

OWL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU (2)

I made another card with the Winter Owl stamp set from Lawn Fawn, because it’s just so damn adorable. Very different from the first I made, this time I used the owl twice.
 
 
I started by cutting some craft cardstock and blended some Distress Ink on there with my Mini Ink Blending Tool. I used Peacock Feathers, which is one of my favorite colors. I think it looks great on craft cardstock. I only blended the top half of the cardstock, because I knew I wanted to use pattern paper for the bottom half.

I chose two different pattern papers from the Shimelle (True Stories) 6x6 paper pad by American Crafts and cut them to the right size. I adhered them to the card. I thought it needed a bit more, so I cut two thin strips from some black cardstock and heat embossed it with Silver Clear Highlights Embossing Powder from Wow. You gotta have some glitter!!!

I went ahead and stamped the owl image twice with some Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with Copic Markers.

Here are the colors I used:
Left owl: W0, W2, W5
Scarf: R22, R35, R46
Beak: YR15
Right owl: W2, W5, W7
Scarf: BG49, BG72
Beak: YR15
 
 
I die cut both owls with my Cuttlebug and put them on my card with some foam tape. I stamped a little heart above them with some Mermaid Ink from Lawn Fawn. I later used the outlined heart stamp and stamped over that with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I stamped the sentiment on some craft cardstock with some Versafine Onyx Black Ink. I rounded the top corner with my We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper and also but it on the card with some foam tape.

I added some sequins an enamel dots on the card, rounded the top right corner and bottom left corner off and added some Glossy Accents from Ranger to the beaks and the little heart.
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten