dinsdag 17 november 2015

LET IT SNOW (1)

After already using the narwhal from the “Critters in the Arctic” stamp set from Lawn Fawn, this time I decided to use some of the other animals. I choose the moose, bunny and owl to create a cute Christmas scene.
 
 
I started with the background. I used some Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock, which is perfect for ink blending. I started by stamping one of the snowflakes several times with Versamark Ink. Then I heat set it with some Opaqua Bright White Embossing Powder from Wow. Then I stamped the sentiment with some Versafine Onyx Black Ink. I started blending the background with some Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. Dark on the top and a little lighter towards the bottom. I also added some Seedless Preserves here and there and I think this sky looks amazing!

I cut some hills from some white cardstock. It’s supposed to look like snowy hills. I didn’t want them to be just plain white, so I added a little bit of Weathered Wood Distress Ink. I applied it with a very light hand.
 
 
After the background and snowy hill were done, I stamped the moose, bunny and owl with some Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with Copic Markers.

Here are the colors I used:
Moose: E71 – E77
Antlers: E15 – E35
Hooves: E31
Bunny: W0 – W2
Scarf: BV000 – BV02 – BV13
Owl: W2 – W5 – W7
Beak: YR15
 
 
I cut them out with scissors, because I don’t own the coordinating dies yet. I then started to assemble the scene. I put the hills down. The front hill is adhered with some foam tape. When I glued down the critters I added some shadows to the ground with Copic Markers W0 and W2. I then wanted to adhere the panel to a white card base, but thought it needed something. I decided to go around the edges of the white card base with some Versamark Ink and heat set it with some Silver Clear Highlights Embossing Powder from Wow. I then adhered to front panel to the card and rounded off all the corners with the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

I’m really happy with this cute Christmas scene!
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten