maandag 16 november 2015

HAVE AN ICE DAY (1)

I got this stamp set for my birthday in October, but it was delayed. My mom got it in the mail this week, so I finally could start crafting with it. It’s the “Critters in the Arctic” stamp set from Lawn Fawn. At first I wanted to create a Christmas card, but it ended up as a birthday card.
 
 
I took some Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock and decided to use my Distress Inks today and watercolor the background. I don’t do it often enough, because I still haven’t gotten the hang of it. But practice makes perfect, right? First I stamped the narwhal on the cardstock with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and masked it with the Molotow Masking Pen. It’s such a great tool. It dries really fast and it comes off fairly easy. When the masking fluid dried, I wetted the area around the narwhal. I used three different Distress Ink colors: Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire. I tapped the colors one by one on to the cardstock and let the water do the work. Maybe that’s why I don’t do it this often, I lose control over it. I dried it with my heat tool and when it was dry I dropped some water droplets on it. I dapped it off with a paper towel to create a cool effect. I think the background worked out well.

I rubbed off the mask and watercolored the image with Distress Inks. For the narwhal I used Weathered Wood and for the hat Chipped Sapphire and Mowed Lawn. When the image was completely dry, I put some dots on the back of the narwhal with Copic Marker W5. This adds some extra dimension to the critter.
 
 
I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black Ink and here is where I decided it to be a birthday card. I took the Congrats die from Lawn Fawn and die cut it twice from some grey cardstock with my Cuttlebug. I glued the two pieces together and covered it with Versamark Ink. I sprinkled some Silver Clear Highlights Embossing Powder from Wow over it and heat set it. It makes it very shiny. I added the die cut sentiment on the card as well.
 
 
As a finishing touch I stamped some splashes on the card with the Lawn Fawn Mermaid Ink, added some sequins and made a stitched border with a blue Sakura Micron Pen. Last I rounded both bottom corners with my We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper. Such a fun stamp set to work with, and the narwhal is just one of the many cute animals in the set!
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten