woensdag 13 juli 2016

YOU'RE A-MAIZE-ING (1)

I’ve wanted this Happy Harvest stamp set from Lawn Fawn for so long and I finally got it. I actually wanted to wait until the fall to create cards with it, but I couldn’t. And it’s not necessarily a harvest set, you can create all sorts of cards with it. And although it has a fall feel to it, this card can be send during any other season. Happy Harvest might be one of my all-time favorite Lawn Fawn sets.


I started on the background. I die cut a rectangle from watercolor cardstock, using the Double Stitched Rectangle STAX from My Favorite Things. I added Salty Ocean Distress Ink to it, with my mini ink blending tool. Around the top edges I also blended a little bit of Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. I adhered this panel to some pattern paper from Echo Park.

I stamped a couple of the corn branches onto the blended panel. I used Doe Ink from Lawn Fawn. Then I started die cutting grass, using the Grassy Border die from Lawn Fawn. I die cut it three times. I used Scattered Straw Distress Ink to give the grassy borders some color. I adhered the largest border flat to the panel. Then I stamped the sentiment onto the second largest border and adhered this to the panel with foam tape. The smallest border I adhered flat onto the panel. The scene is set.


I stamped the scarecrow, three crows and the pumpkins (the smallest twice) and colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Scarecrow face: E00 – E21
Straws: Y21 – Y38
Sweater + rim of the hat: R14 – R17 – R29
Pants + hat: B93 – B95
Buttons: Y02
Nose: Y21
Stake: E25 – E77
Crows: W5 – W7 – BV29
Beaks: Y21


I fussy cut all the images and added them to the scene. I added everything with foam tape, except for the pumpkins. I adhered the panel to an orange cardbase.

This is definitely one of my favorite cards of the year. And I love this stamp set (maybe because I love the fall so much).

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten