zondag 23 september 2018

HOPE YOUR CHRISTMAS (JINGLE BELLS) ROCK (1)

I tried my Alcohol Inks for the first time. I used them for the sky of the Christmas card. I combined two Lawn Fawn stamp sets: Toboggan Together and Here We Go A-Waddling.


Like I said, I used Alcohol Inks for my sky. I used only two colors: Indigo and Turquoise, I added drops to some Yupo Paper and used a straw to blow the colors around. I set this aside to dry (which was a lot quicker than I thought!!!).


I die cut a piece of watercolor cardstock with the Stitched Mountain Borders. I used Distress Inks for blending. I used Blueprint Sketch for the top half and Tumbled Glass for the bottom half. I added water and dabbed the drops off with a paper towel.

For the snow mountain tops, I used the Neon Amplify by Tsukineko, in white. I added them to the snow caps and hit them with my heat tool. When it heats up, it puffs up, to make it look like actual snow. It's super cool to see this happening.


I stamped the images and colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Penguins: W5 - W7/ W0 - W2 - 0/ Y38 - YR16
Gifts + hats: R18 - R83/ R29 - R59/ YG11 - YG13/ B12 - B14
Bell: E15 - E18/ Y00 - T06
Toboggan: E18 - E15
Snow balls: W0 - W2 - 0


I fussy cut and die cut the images and assembled the card. I heat embossed the sentiment onto a piece of Chili Pepper cardstock, uting white embossing powder from Ranger. I added highlights to some images, with a white gelly roll pen. I also added some Nuvo drops to the sky, in the color Gloss White, making it look like falling snow. I adhered the panel onto a Ballet Slippers cardbase.

Super fun scene. I still have to get better at using the Alcohol Inks, but my first attempt looks pretty cool!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten