donderdag 8 september 2016

WAVING HELLO (3)

I saw a great card by Chari Moss (Lawn Fawn design team), that she made with the Mermaid For You stamp set from Lawn Fawn. I decided to make it myself.


I started on the background. I took some watercolor cardstock and blended some Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink onto it with an ink blending tool. When I was done, I added some water droplets to the background. I dabbed off the drops to create a distressed background. From another piece of watercolor cardstock, I die cut a hill with the Stitched Hillside Borders from Lawn Fawn. I added Vintage Photo Distress Ink to it. I left it as is.

I went over to my images. I stamped the rock and one of the mermaid on top of it. I also stamped the school of fish and the seahorse. I added two more fish to it, they are from the FIntastic Friends stamp set by Lawn Fawn. The corals and seaweed I stamped in some different colors. Here are the inks I used:
Small corals: Carrot Ink and Wild Rose Ink (Lawn Fawn)
Tall corals: Mermaid Ink and Fresh Lavender Ink (Lawn Fawn)
Seaweed: Sour Apple Ink (My Favorite Things)

I colored all the images with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Mermaid Hair: YR15 – YR07 – E08
Skin: E00 – E11
Top + tail: YG11 – YG03 – G14
Rock: W2 – W5 – W7
School of fish: B00 – B02
Seahorse: BV000 – BV02 – BV17


I fussy cut all the images and started assembling the card. I adhered the hill flat and all the other images with foam tape. I added the sentiment and also used the Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen to make the mermaid tail and top glittery. To finish is all, I rounded off the top right corner and added the panel to a dark blue cardbase.


A lovely card you can send to a friend, for all sorts of occasions.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten