vrijdag 26 oktober 2018

MERRY CHRISTMAS (12)

Time for some die cutting! I created an all (but a piece of the sentiment) die cut Christmas card, with non-traditional colors. I used the Stitched Ornaments die set from Lawn Fawn.


For the background I wanted to used purples. I'm not a big fan of the color purple, but I wanted to try it for this card. I used two Distress Ink colors for blending: Wilted Violet and Shaded Lilac. I had to put a lot of work into this, because they weren't that easy to blend, even though they are in the same color family.

I sprayed the background with water, using my mini mister, and dabbed off all the water. I also used White Gold paint, from the Starry Color set, and splattered this onto the background as well for some shine.


I die cut the smallest ornaments from Sticky Note cardstock and Ink blended it with Mustard Seed Distress Ink. For the larger ornament I used Ballet Slippers cardstock and Worn Lipstick Distress Ink for blending. I also die cut the strings from Narwhal cardstock and the decorations for the ornaments from Sparkle cardstock in the color silver.

The Merry Script die, from Mama Elephant, I die cut from Sparkle cardstock in the color gold. I layered it onto three die cuts from white cardstock to give it dimension.


The second part of the sentiment, the only part that was stamped on this card, I used the Happy Happy Happy Add-On stamp set and I stamped it onto a strip of white cardstock.

I adhered the panel onto a Sticky Note carbase and rounded off the bottom right corner.

I really enjoy die cutting on cards!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten