vrijdag 24 november 2017

MERRY CHRISTMAS (7)

I wanted to try something different for this Christmas card. I used the Village Border die from lawn Fawn and the Merry Script die from Mama Elephant.


For the background, I wanted to use Distress Inks as watercolord. I die cut a piece of watercolor cardstock with the Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables and added lots of water to the panel with a paint brush. I then added color to the paper. I used three Distress Ink colors: Chipped Sapphire, Dusty Concord and Shaded Lilac. I dried it with my heat tool and added another layer of water and color. Then I set the panel aside to air dry.


In the meantime I die cut the village border from white cardstock and the word Merry. The word I die cut three times, so I can stack them together for extra dimension.


When the panel was dry, I added some pain splatter onto it. I used two colors from the Starry Colors set by Gansai Tambi: Blue Gold and White Gold.

I assembled the card, heat embossed the second part of the sentiment underneath the word merry and added the panel onto a white piece of cardstock. I adhered the entire panel onto a Ballet Slippers cardbase.


It was a very simple card to make. It’s also fun to create a more classic and elegant Christmas card every once in a while, instead of the fun and whimsical ones.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten