maandag 13 november 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (24)

For this birthday card, I used the Up in the Air stamp set from My Favorite Things, combining it with the Radiating Rays stencil.


I wanted to create a bold and bright background, with the Radiating Rays stencil from MFT. I used Distress Inks, but I didn’t want them to fade into white. I used a heavy hand to apply the colors and made them as dark as possible. I used three color of Distress Inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Ripe Persimmon and Abandoned Coral. I added some water drops and dabbed them off with a paper towel. Because I used such a heavy hand, the water droplets don’t show up as much as they usually do. So I decided to add some extra splatter, with the White Gold watercolor, from the Starry Color watercolor set. I also added a blended circle onto the middle of the rays, that I die cut with the Small Stitched Circle Stackables from Lawn Fawn.


I stamped the images and colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Big hot air balloon: B12 – B14/ Y00 – Y02/ B18 – B39
Small hot air balloon: B12 – B14/ Y00 – Y02
Baskets: E57 – E29
Cat: W2 – W3 – W5/ E04
Clouds: C0


I die cut the images with my Cuttlebug, stamped the sentiment and assembled the card. I added the panel onto a Sticky Note cardbase.

At first I wasn’t sure about the bold background, but when I put it all together I was very pleased with this design.


Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten