maandag 28 december 2015

VAYÈN (1)

Today’s card I made for a very special little girl: Vayèn. She is turning 1 on December 30th and she is my best friend’s daughter. I wanted to make a special birthday card for her. I used the Cat-Itude stamp set from My Favorite Things.
 
 
The set comes with five cats and I wanted to use all five of them. I lined them up, so I could see which cat was in front and which one was in the background. This way I could also see which cat I had to mask off. I started with the two smallest cats, because they were the only two ones I had to mask off. I always use post it notes as masks.

I wanted all the cats to hold a balloon. I used the balloon from the Adorable Elephants stamp set, also from My Favorite Things. I only used the balloon, not the string. I drew the strings myself, so I could make them more playful and wrap them around the cat’s tails. I did this with a black Sakura Micron Pen

I then stamped the letters of Vayèn’s name into the balloons using Violet’s ABC’s from Lawn Fawn. I stamped all the images with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, because I wanted to color them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
First cat: E71 – E29 – E77 – E11 – E35
Collar + balloon: Y02 – Y08 – Y17
Second cat: W0 – W2 – W5
Collar + balloon: BG01 – BV05 – B05
Third cat: E11 – E25 – E35
Collar + balloon: R35 – R46 – R59
Fourth cat: W2 – W5 – W7
Collar + balloon: BV000 – BV02 – BV13
Fifth cat: Y21 – YR14 – E08 (sounds like a weird combo, but with a little experimenting this cat got the exact color I was hoping for)
Collar + balloon: YG03 – G05 – G14
Ears: R11
 
 
The color was a lot of work, but I was worth it. I think the colors are amazing!

I adhered the entire panel to some pattern paper with foam tape. I used the Shimelle (True Stories) 6x6 paper pad by American Crafts. That completed panel I adhered to a white card base.

I added some Wink of Stella to the balloons and then also some Glossy Accents from Ranger. I love to use this on balloons. Last I put some white dots on the cat’s cheeks with my white Uni-ball gel pen and used W0 and W2 Copic Markers to create a shadow on the ground.
 
 
And there you have my card for Vayèn. It was very time consuming, because there is so much coloring involved. But a special girl gets a special card!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten