zaterdag 5 december 2015

IT MOOSE BE CHRISTMAS (1)

I just love creating cards with the Critters in the Arctic set from Lawn Fawn. The stamps are perfect for Christmas cards! I only used the moose for this one, because I had this cute sentiment in mind.
 
 
I took some white cardstock and stamped the moose on it with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I also stamped the sentiment. The ‘it moose be’ is from the Critters in the Arctic set. I actually says ‘it moose be love’, but I masked the word love. I added Christmas to it, using Violet’s ABC’s, also from Lawn Fawn. I stamped it in Versmark Ink and heat embossed it with Silver Embossing Powder from Ranger. I also drew some hills with a pencil.
 
 
I wanted to color the entire front panel with Copic Markers, even the background. This is something I usually don’t do, because you use so much ink. Here are the colors I used:
Moose: E71 – E77
Antlers + hooves: W2 – W5
Sky: BV000 – BV02 – BV13 – BV17 – BV29
Snowy hills: W0 – W2 – W5

For the sky, I started with coloring the entire sky with the lightest color (BV000) and then I added the darker color and the next darker color and so on. You really have to build it up and keep coming back with all the colors to blend them all together. It takes some time, but it’s worth it because I really like how this background turned out.
 
 
When I did all the coloring, I wanted to add something more to the top and bottom. I added a silver border. I heat embossed some Silver Embossing Powder from Ranger on to some white cardstock. I adhered them together and then added the panel to a purple card base.

As a finishing touch I added some clear glitter with my Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush to the moose. I also put some white dots to the sky, with my Uni-ball white gel pen. This makes it looks like snow is falling down. I also add some bigger and some small dots. The edges I all rounded off with my We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

A card with a lot of Copic coloring, but I think it’s a pretty Christmas card.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten