dinsdag 1 december 2015

ENJOY THE SEASON (1)

I saw an old video by Kristina Werner, from last year’s Holiday Card Series, on youtube. I wanted to try something similar and decided to use the Critters in the Arctic stamp set from Lawn Fawn.
 
 
I wanted to do some watercoloring and used the Tim Holtz Distress Inks for that. First I drew four little squares on some Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock, with a pencil. I put some post its around each square and stamped the moose, bunny, walrus and narwhal. This way it looks like a bunch of little pictures. I stamped the images with Versafine Onyx Black Ink, because this is perfect for watercoloring. The square with the bunny had a lot of empty space, so I decide to stamp a snowflake with some Versamark Ink and then heat embossed it with Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder from Wow.

I started to watercolor the images. Here are the colors I used:
Moose: Brushed Corduroy
Antlers: Spiced Marmalade and Chipped Sapphire
Bunny: Weathered Wood
Scarf: Aged Magogany
Walrus: Brushed Corduroy, Aged Mahogany and Chipped Sapphire
Narwhal: Weathered Wood and Peacock Feathers
Background squares: Peacock Feathers
 
 
It looks like I used some weird colors, but I mixed some of them to get the color I wanted. For example Spiced Marmalade and Chipped Sapphire make a great brown color.

After watercoloring all the critters, I erased the pencil lines. I stamped the sentiment towards the bottom of the panel. This is from the Penguin Greetings stamp set from Avery Elle. I added some dots with my Uni-ball white gel pen to the faces of the bunny, moose and walrus and to the back of the narwhal. I also added glitter with my Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen to all the animals.
 
 
Finally I add the panel a dark red card base and that’s the Christmas card for today. I will definitely make more of these, because I love the look of it.

Thanks for visiting my blog an please comment, subscribe and follow!
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten