maandag 7 december 2015

HOLIDAY SMILE (1)

I saw this card once, where critters where stamped like they were taking a selfie together. It looked like a polaroid picture. I wanted to try that too for a Christmas card and used the Critters in the Arctic set again, from Lawn Fawn. I used all the animals in the set.
 
 
I first cut a rectangle from some white cardstock. I drew a square on it with a pencil, these are guidelines for me where to stamp the images. It’s the photo part of the polaroid. I cut another rectangle where I cut that square out. This I will later place over the other. To make sure the images won’t go over the lines, I masked it off with some post its. I also cut masks for all the critters.

After I stamped all the animals, I put the masks on all of the images so I could blend the background. I started with some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and later I added Evergreen Bough. Then I took all the masks off.

I started to color the critters with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Owl: W2 – W5 – W7
Beak: Y17
Moose: E71 – E77
Antlers: W0 – W2 – W5
Narwhal: W0 – W2 – W5
Bunny: W5 – W7 – BV29
Scarf: R22 – R46
Walrus: E15 – E35 – E77/ E11 – E21
 
 
I added the polaroid frame over the colored image. I stamped the sentiment with Lobster Ink from Lawn Fawn. The word ‘holiday’ I created with the letters from Violet’s ABC’s, also from Lawn Fawn. The word ‘smile’ is from the Critters in the Arctic set. I added some Wink of Stella to the polaroid frame and some white dots to the background with my White Uni-ball gel pen.

I wanted to use some pattern paper for the background of the card. I used the 6x6 paper pad from Cottage Living by Jen Hadfield (Pebbles). I adhered the polaroid with some foam tape and the entire panel to a light grey card base. I rounded the bottom corners off with my We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.
 
 
I really love this card, I will send it to one of my friends.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten