woensdag 2 december 2015

JUST SKATIN' BY... (1)

Sometimes a crafty idea comes to me at night, when I’m supposed to be sleeping. I recently bought this pretty Ice Skate stamp from Hot off the Press and I decided to do something different than just simply stamping and coloring it.
 
 
I stamped the ice skate on some Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock. I used Versamark Ink. I heat embossed the stamped ice skates with Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder from Wow. I didn’t have a plan here, I just eyeballed it. I did sprinkle embossing powder over each image after stamping it, because else it’s really hard to see where you stamped, because Versamark Ink is a clear ink.
 
 
After I heat embossed the embossing powder, I decided to watercolor the entire panel with Distress Inks. I wetted the paper before applying Distress Inks to it. From top to bottom I used Evergreen Bough, Peacock Feathers, Shaded Lilac and Spun Sugar. These four colors are actually some of my favorites, they go well together and they have such a soft look. 
 
I put the panel aside to let it dry. I then cut a piece of vellum and stamped the sentiment on it, with Versafine Onyx Black Ink. I used the Lawn Fawn letter stamp set, Violet’s ABC’s. I trimmed an aqua card base and stamped a sentiment on the inside of the card.  
 
 
When the panel was dry, I adhered the vellum. I made sure the banner was a little longer than the card, so that I could adhere the vellum on the back. This way you can’t see that it’s taped down. I adhered the entire panel to the aqua card base and rounded to bottom two corners with the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper. As a finishing touch I added some dots of Ranger Glossy Accents.
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog, please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to me blog!
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten