maandag 28 december 2015

HAPPY HOME (1)

Today I made a non-Christmas card, with a Christmas stamp set. I wanted to make a card for my cousin Linda and her girlfriend, who just moved into their new home. I used the Joy to the Woods stamp set from Lawn Fawn.
 
 
I only used one stamp from the set, the little bird house. I repeatedly stamped it to create a pattern, with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Then I colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used.
BG13 – BG23 – BG49/ R11 – R22 – R35

The heart shape in the houses I colored with a Uni-ball silver gel pen. I wanted one of the houses to stand out, so it looked like that’s their house. I cut a piece of vellum and die cut a circle with my Cuttlebug. So when I place the vellum over the colored panel, one house is in the ‘spotlight’.
 
 
I wanted to heat emboss the sentiment on the vellum, with some Silver Embossing Powder from Ranger. Because vellum warps pretty quickly while heat setting it, I made sure the heat tool was hot before taking it over to my vellum. This way the embossing powder melts very quick without any warping of the vellum. I created the word home with Violet’s ABC’s from lawn Fawn.
 
 
I cut a border from some pattern paper. I used the 6x6 paper pad from Cottage Living by Jen Hadfield (Pebbles). I adhered the border the vellum and then the entire panel to a dark blue card base.

As a finishing touch I die cut some hearts and colored them silver with the Uni-ball gel pen and added them next to the sentiment.

I’m really happy with this card, thinking out of the box. That’s what I love about Lawn Fawn, you don’t necessarily need to use a Christmas themed stamp set just for Christmas cards.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten