maandag 30 november 2015

MERRY CHRISTMAS (3)

I found a real cute Christmas elf stamp on sale. It’s this Happy Elf Stamp from Hot off the Press. It also comes with a little candy cane, so I decided to make a Christmas card with those two images.
 
 
I first stamped the background. I used the candy cane from the stamp set and stamped it several times with Lobster Ink from Lawn Fawn. This way I created my own background.

I then stamped the elf with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored it with my Copic Markers.

Here are the colors I used:
Face + hands: E00 – E31
Cheeks: R22
Sweater + pants: YG03 – YG11 – G14
Rim of the hat + collar + candy cane: R22 – R35 – R46
Bells: Y17
 
 
I used my Uni-ball white gel pen for details on the eyes, the belt,  hat and the stripes on the candy cane. I added some clear glitter to the hat, belt, collar and shoes with my Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen.

I trimmed a piece of red cardstock to create a banner. I stamped the sentiment on it with Versamark Ink and heat embossed it with Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder from Wow. This way the sentiment really stands out. I attached the elf to the banner with some foam tape.
 
 
To make the elf not get lost in the background, I decided to add some vellum to the background., so the stamped background fades a bit. I adhered the banner to the vellum. The stamped background I adhered to some red cardstock. I put the vellum on the card, only putting adhesive where you can’t see it. So behind the banner and elf. I added some small dots of liquid glue to the edges, so the vellum is more adhered.

I really like this Christmas card, it’s truly a happy elf!
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten