dinsdag 8 december 2015

HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY IS UNFORGETTABLE (2)

It’s time for something other than Christmas cards. I made enough this year to send to my family and friends. So, time for a birthday card. I used the Ella & Friends stamp set from Mama Elephant. I just love this set!
 
 
 
I started on the background. I used Tim Holtz water color cardstock and wetted the entire paper with a paint brush. I then added some Distress Inks to it. I started with Scattered Straw and added Mustard Seed, Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade. I went over them several times so that all the colors would blend. I dried it with my heat tool and then dropped some water droplets on to it with a paint brush. I left the drops on for a few seconds and then dapped them off with a paper towel. I love using this technique and the Distress Inks are perfect for that. You just can’t achieve this with regular water colors.
 
 
I put the background aside and started on the images. I stamped the elephant, hedgehog, mouse, bunny, party hat and little umbrella. I stamped them in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I colored them with Copic Markers and here are the colors I used:
Elephant: W0 – W2 – W5
Bunny: W2 – W5 – W7
Hedgehog: E71 – E77/ E11 – E21
Mouse: W0 – W2
Party hat: Y02 – Y07 – Y15 – Y17
Umbrella: Y17 – YR68 – R22 - R46
 
 
 
When the background was completely dry, I added all the images to the panel with some foam tape. I covered the party hat and umbrella with some clear glitter with my Wink of Stella. I stamped the greeting with Lawn Fawn Lobster Ink. I decided to make a side folding card for a change and added the panel to an orange card base. I rounded off the bottom right corner with my We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

Fun and easy card, such a great stamp set!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten