vrijdag 28 februari 2020

FIND HAPPINESS IN THE LITTLE THINGS (1)

Lawn Fawn has a new interactive die and it's called the Magic Iris die. It opens up and reveals an image or sentiment on the inside. I used it today, for the first time, together with the Hey Lady stamp set from Lawn Fawn.


If you want to get a detailed tutorial for the Magic Iris, on how to use and assemble it, here is a link to the Lawn Fawn video on their YouTube channel. It's a lot easier than you might think.


I started by creating the Magic Iris. I used white cardstock for the elements you will not be seeing. For the iris that opens and closes and the add-on ring on top, I used Spiffy Speckles pattern paper. For the tab I used Guava and Apricot cardstock.

For the background I used a coordinating Spiffy Speckles paper, the one with the blue speckles and white background. This way, the Magic Iris really stands out but it all works together too.

I also wanted to create a little ground, so I used the Grassy Border die and die cut it from Cilantro cardstock. I ink blended the edges with Lucky Clover Oxide Ink.

I stamped the images and also used a couple of images from A Bug Deal. I used Copic Markers for coloring and these are the colors I used:
Leaves: YG13 - G14 - G05
Branches: E00 - E11 - E04
Ladybugs: W3 - W5/ R35 - R39
Magnifying glass: W3 - W5 - W7/ BG72 - BG18/ R35 - R39


I die cut the images. I also die cut the inside from the magnifying glass and added some accetate to the back, so it looks like it has real glass in it.


I assembled the card and put the images on the inside of the Magic Iris as well. I stamped the sentiment on a piece of Guava cardstock and added these strips to the side of the card.


I was a bit intimitated by this die at first, it looks like a lot more work than it actually is. It's really not that hard and a lot of fun to create these Magic Iris cards.


Check out the Lawn Fawn shop for products by clicking on the link: Lawn Fawn

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten