donderdag 8 december 2016


The So Jelly mini set, from Lawn Fawn, is a perfect set to combine with other stamp sets, like Fintastic Friends, Mermaid For You and Year Six. But today I used it on its own, creating this encouragement card.

I started with the background. I wanted to use Distress Inks as watercolors. I die cut a circle, with the Double Stitched Circle STAX from My Favorite Things. I took three blue Distress Ink colors. I used Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon and Chipped Sapphire. I wetted the paper and they softly added the colors to the circle with a paint brush. I dried it with my heat gun and when it was dry I added some water droplets to it. I dabbed them off with a paper towel. I also created a ground piece, also die cut with one of the circle dies. I used Brished Corduroy and Walnut Stain Distress Inks for that. I used the same techniques. I set them aside to dry them properly.

I went over the stamping and coloring. I stamped the jellyfish and star, but also the corals from the Mermaid For You stamp set. I used Fresh Lavender Ink and Sugarplum Ink, both from Lawn Fawn, to stamp them. The images I colored with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Jellyfish: BV000 – BV02 – BV13 – BV17
Starfish: V01 – V12 – V06

I added some white dots, with a gel pen, to the arms of the starfish and the top of the jellyfish. I fussy cut the jellyfish and starfish, but also the two corals.

I assembled the scene and adhered the corals flat to the circle. The jellyfish and starfish were adhered with foam tape. I die cut a scalloped circle with the Scalloped Circle Stackables from Lawn Fawn, from dark purple cardstock and adhered the circle onto it. Then I die cut a rectangle, with the Double Stitched Rectangle STAX from My Favorite Things, from some Perfectly Plaid paper from Lawn Fawn. I added the main element, the circle, to the plaid paper. The entire panel was adhered to a purple cardbase, with foam tape.

I stamped the sentiment onto some white cardbase and cut it to be a flag banner. I used Fresh Lavender Ink and then used Sugarplum Ink for the bottom of the sentiment. This way you get an hombre look. I love that detail.

The card turned out completely different then I intended, but better!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten