zondag 21 augustus 2016

WE'RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER... CAKE! (1)

I made this birthday card using the Hello Chum stamp set from Avery Elle.


I stamped one of the shark images onto some white cardstock and colored it with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used.
Shark: C0 – C2 – C5/ E41 – Blender

I wanted to create my own background, so I took the surfboard image and repeatedly stamped it onto my panel. I colored the surfboards with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Surfboards: Y15 – Y17 – YR16/ B00 – B02 – B05


Because I wanted the background to mute a bit, but not completely, I die cut a circle from vellum, using the Double Stitched Circle STAX from My Favorite Things. I put the shark on the circle with foam tape and adhered the circle with foam tape as well. This way the background is still vibrant and visible, but the shark is the hero of the card.

I wanted to use this sentiment, that is a reference to “Jaws”. But instead of boat it says cake. I heat embossed the first part of the sentiment onto some black cardstock, with Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder from Wow. After I put the panel onto the white cardbase, I stamped the rest of the sentiment on the inside of the card.


I also added the water lines and the shark’s fin onto the inside of the card. I rounded off the tow bottom corners with the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.


I think this card is going to my brother, when it’s his birthday in September. He loves sharks! That’s actually the main reason I bought this stamp set in the first place.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten