zaterdag 20 augustus 2016

HAPPY BAA-THDAY (1)

I made a birthday card for my uncle, using the Party Posse stamp set from Paper Smooches. This is one of those cards that just happened, I didn’t have any idea before I started.


I stamped the sheep image and colored it with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Wool: C0 – C2
Face: E41 – E00 – E21
Nose: C2 – C5

I fussy cut the image and went over to the background. I took a kraft cardbase and used the little cloud shaped image from the stamp set. It looks like a little bundle of wool. I took some Doe Ink from Lawn Fawn and started stamping the image onto the cardbase to create my own background. Because the kraft cardstock and the ink are similar, you get a pretty and rustic tone on tone look.


I die cut a circle with the Double Stitched Circle STAX from My Favorite Things, using some vellum. I stamped the sentiment onto the circle, curving the stamps so the word follows the curve of the circle. I heat embossed the sentiment with Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder from Wow. I adhered the sheep onto the circle with foam tape.

I took some yellow twine, to add a bit more color to the card, and wrapped it around the card front a couple of times. I adhered it with some tape, right where the vellum circle is going to be. So you won’t see the ends of the twin. I adhered the circle with a double layer of foam tape.

I used the Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen to add some glitter to the wool of the sheep. I also added some Glossy Accents to the eyes, to make them stand out a bit.


I sweet and simple baa-thday, ehm…. birthday card.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten