zaterdag 20 augustus 2016

YOU FLAMIN-GO TOGETHER (1)

For a wedding card, I created this scene card with the Flamingo Together stamp set from Lawn Fawn. I also entered this card into the new Lawnscaping Challenge, where funny puns were the theme.


I started by stamping all the images. I stamped the palm trees in Doe Ink from Lawn Fawn and Sour Apple Ink from My Favorite Things. The flamingos I colored with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Flamingos: RV21 – RV23
Flower: V09 – V17


I fussy cut all the images and went over to my scene. For the background I used three Distress Inks, to color the sky. I used Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon and a little bit of Chipped Sapphire around the edges. I die cut two hills with two different dies from the Stitched Hillside Borders from Lawn Fawn. One I blended with Scattered Straw and Brushed Corduroy. The other I blended with Cracked Pistachio (which is now my favorite Distress Ink) and Evergreen Bough. This last one is supposed to be water. I then die cut the sun, with the Sun and Moon dies from Lawn Fawn. The inner circle I blended with Mustard Seed and Fossilized Amber. The rays I blended with Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade. I used water to give the background panels a distressed look.

I assembled my scene and stamped the sentiment. I adhered everything flat, except for the water and the flamingos. I used foam tape for those images. I also added a little heart, which I die cut with the Hearts dies from Lawn Fawn, and used Worn Lipstick Distress Ink to color it. I adhered this with foam tape as well.


I added some glitter to the flower, the palm trees and the heart with the Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen and rounded off the two bottom corners with the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper. I adhered the panel to a white cardbase.

Please check out the Lawnscaping Challenge.


Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

1 opmerking:

  1. Super cute! I really love the beach scene you created, it is so much fun! Thank you so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen