zondag 22 december 2019

HOORAY! IT'S YOUR DAY! (2)

It's almost Christmas and I love that time of year. But when you're creating Christmas cards for the last 3 months, it's fun to switch to non-Christmas themed cards again. And I went for a happy rainbow-colored birthday card. I used the Yippee stamp set from Waffle Flower.


I started on my rainbow background. I used a stencil from My Favorite Things, called Basic Shapes - Triangles. I've had this stencil for a while now, but I never used it. I picked rainbow colors from my Distress Ink collection: Candied Apple, Carved Pumpkin, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, Wilted Violet and Picked Raspberry.


For the coloring of the stamped images I also used rainboq colors. I'm going all bright and colorful here! I used Copic Markers for coloring. Here are the colors I used:
Kids: E00 - E11/ E53 - E55/ C5 - C3/ E55 - E57/ YR21 Y38/ R14 - R46/ Y15 - Y17/ YG11 - YG13/ B00 - B12/ RV10 - R83/ B63 - B66
Banner: YG11 - YG13/ Y15 - Y17
Flag: Y15 - Y17
Party hat + confetti: YG11 - YG13/ B00 - B12/ RV10 - R83/ Y15 - Y17


I fussy cut the images and added them to my stenciled background. I stamped an additional sentiment to complete it. Because I made some smudges here and there, I decided to add white dots onto the background, with a gelly roll pen. It looks like confetti. And I also added some highlights to the images as well.

If this card doesn't make you smile, I don't know what does.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten