donderdag 22 december 2016

MY FAVORITE CRAFT SUPPLIES 2016

This year I bought or received a lot of new craft supplies. I decided to pick my favorites for 2016. The supplies weren't necessarily released in 2016, they are just the ones I got this year. Here are my favorite craft supplies for 2016:

STAMPS:

Happy Harvest (Lawn Fawn)
I think this is my absolute favorite of the year. I just love the fall, so this is a perfect set for me. I especially love the scarecrow image. He is so much fun to color. And this set is very good to create fall scenes with.


Booyah (Lawn Fawn)
Halloween is not a holiday we really celebrate in The Netherlands, but I really enjoy horror movies though. So I make my own Halloween party here ;). This Booyah set is just to die for. It has three different ghost images and you can dress them up as many different horror characters. Dracula for instance or a witch. But also Frankenstein and his bride. There are also some less scary dress ups, like a cat and a pirate. I'm definitely going to use this next Halloween.


Santa’s Elves (My Favorite Things)
I actually wanted this last year, but it kept going out of stock. I finally got my hands on it this year and I love those elves. There are three different elf images and they are so much fun to color. I created some really cool cards with this set.


Snow Cool (Lawn Fawn)
I adore penguins and I already owned the Toboggan Together stamp set. The Snow Cool set coordinates with it perfectly (so does the Cheery Christmas set, but I didn't get that one). My favorite part is the snowy background stamp, which is perfect to create a snow sky with. And those penguins are way too adorable.


Tiny Heroes (Mama Elephant)
I made a lot of cards with this set. I just love those little superheroes, especially with all those superhero movies coming out. There is also a superhero dog and cat in the set. Really fun to color and those sentiments are super fun!


Merry Messages (Lawn Fawn)
This set was a birthday gift from my friends and I think this is my most used set for this year's Christmas cards. It has so many great Christmas sentiments and they are very original.


Boom Bots (Paper Smooches)
I didn't use it recently, but the Boom Bots set is a stamp set I used a lot at the beginning of the year. Mostly for love themed cards. And with Valentine's Day coming up, I will probably use it again in January/ February. Great set!


DIES:

Stitched Mountain Borders (Lawn Fawn)
This die set is a perfect scene setter, for outdoor themed cards. I used it on both Christmas card as on other traditional themed cards like birthday cards and thank you cards. I like the snow caps that come with it.


Stitched Hillside Borders (Lawn Fawn)
This is deifinitely my most used die set of the year. Those hills are perfect for any scene. I used it to create grassy hills, snowy hills and even water and ice. Very versatile and an essential item for any paper crafter.


Hot Cocoa Cups (My Favorite Things)
This is also an item that went out of stock often I I didnt get my hands on untill this year. I really enjoy working with these dies, that are stand-alonde dies. it creates two mugs, that you can put coffee, tea or hot cocoa in. It even has marshmallows and whipped cream dies.


Stitched Hillside Pop-Ups (Lawn Fawn)
I always wanted to make my own pop-up cards and with this die it's really easy. It's pretty expensive, but it's definitely worth the money. With only one pass of your die cutting machine, you create these pop-up hills. That's pretty much the base of your scene and you just have to add your images and sentiment to it.


Leafy Tree Backdrop: Landscape (Lawn Fawn)
Also a great scene builder, that can be used all year long. Because the leafs come seperate, you can add them or leave them out depending on the season. This is the landscape version, but there is also a portrait version.


Goodie Bag (Lawn Fawn)
This is a fun way to present your gift. This fits a gift card perfectly. But it's also great for parties or as decoration.


INKS:

Merman Ink & Wild Rose Ink (Lawn Fawn) + Cracked Pistachio Ink & Worn Lipstick Ink (Distress Ink)
The most beautiful colors to work with and the also combine. See a pattern here, they are very similar colors.


Fun fact: Most used stamp sets of 2016: Toboggan Together (Lawn Fawn) and Cat-Itude (My Favorite Things). I used both of them for 8 cards this year.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten