maandag 23 maart 2020

CONGRATS MOM (1)

I'm on the Lawn Fawn Blog today with this Magic Iris card. I used the Swan Soirée stamp set for this birthday card, that I made specially for my mother who just celebrated her 64th birthday.


Since I don't have the Cover Plate Add-On yet, I have to make sure the Magic Iris blends into the background. I used Oxide Inks for the background, the outside ring and the 'sausages' that form the iris that opens and closes. I used three colors: Cracked Pistachio, Broken China and Blueprint Sketch. I added splatter with Blueprint Sketch.


I also die cut grass, using the Meadow Borders die set. I ink blended the grass with Twisted Citron and Lucky Clover Oxide Inks. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment onto the front grass border.


After I assembled the ring, I stamp the images. I colored everything with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Big swans: W0 - W2 - 0/ Y15 - Y17
Baby swans: W0 - W2 - W3/ Y15 - Y17
Lilly pads: YG03 - YG13
Lotus: R01 - R32 - R35
Cattails: E55 - E57/ BG93 - BG96
Log: E53 - E55 - E57


I fussy cut the images and assembled the card. I added most of the images to the outside ring of the Magic Iris. For the tab, I used Blue Jay and Peacock cardstock.


It's an effort, but when it's done it is totally worth your time. I really love how it turned out.


Make sure to check out the blogpost at Lawn Fawn.

Check out the Lawn Fawn shop for products by clicking on the link: Lawn Fawn

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten