zondag 3 februari 2019

HAPPINESS IS A CUP OF COFFEE & A GOOD BOOK (1)

I did something different today. I created four book marks with the Books & Coffee stamp set from Waffle Flower.


I started by trimming watercolor paper into rectangles, to create the book marks. I did want to add some texture to them, so I used the Stitched Borders from Lawn Fawn. I added an embossed line to both the bottom and the top edge of book mark.

For each book mark, I wanted the same look, but a different background color. I used four different Distress Inks for blending and splattering: Abandoned Coral, Twisted Citron, Wild Honey and Wilted Violet.


I wanted to use these four colors as my pallette. I stamped the images and colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Book: YG11 - YG13/ E41 - E43
Stacks of books: YG11 - YG13/ R22 - R35/ YR21 - Y21 - Y38/ V04 - V06
Big mug: YR21 - Y21 - Y38/ V04 - V06
Little mugs: E41 - E43
Cacti: YG11 - YG13/ YR21 - Y21 - Y38/ R22 - R35
Raccoon: W2 - @5/ W5 - W7
Bunny: W0 - W2 - 0/ RV10
Bear: E53 - E55 - E57/ RV10
Deer: E53 - E55 - E57/ W0 - W2 - 0/ RV10/ E41


I fussy cut all the images and adhered them to the book marks. I stamped the same sentiment on each book maker, using a different Lawn Fawn ink color for each one. I used the following ink colors: Carrot Ink, Juice Box Ink, Wild Rose Ink and Freshly Cut Grass Ink.

These are fun to give as a gift, to a book lover. Maybe together with a book or just inside a card, as an extra surprise.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten